The winter months are slowly approaching, and with that comes extreme weather. Snow storms can be enjoyable, but can also lead to dangerous conditions.
Here are a few tips to help keep you and your loved ones safe this winter season:
Making an emergency kit is a great way to prepare for a winter storm. Stock your home with a kit full of three days of supplies you would need in the event that a heavy storm hits. Any everyday items your household uses should be placed inside, such as:
- Nonperishable foods
- Extra warm clothing
- Battery powered radio
- Extra batteries
Here are some other helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Keep water dripping out of faucets to avoid frozen pipes, and keep cabinets and doors open to allow warmer air to circulate around pipes.
- Do not let the temperature of your house drop below 55 degrees as serious damage may occur to pipes. Installing storm windows can help with insulation during these colder conditions.
- Stay updated on changing conditions by watching local news and radio stations.
- Do not drive in icy, snowy conditions.
- Keep animals inside to avoid harm.
24 Restore is the preferred restoration services partner of commercial & residential property owners across New England. Whether you’re dealing with an emergency situation, or just simply need help implementing a sound Disaster Response Plan, we’re available to help. Contact 24 anytime, day or night for assistance.