24 Restore NE is New England’s largest locally owned full-service Disaster Restoration company, specializing in restoring commercial and residential properties to their pre-loss condition. We are currently searching for an energetic, motivated, and reliable accounting professional to join our team in South Easton. Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounting Collections Specialist will be responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from our existing clients as well as all other aspects of collections including resolving customer billing problems and reducing the overall accounts receivable delinquency.
- 3 years of experience in accounting (Preferred)
- Associates in accounting and/or equivalent work experience
- Maintain accurate customer records within the accounting system
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Review and monitor open accounts for necessary collection efforts; prepare reports for management summarizing efforts made
- Make outbound collection calls in a courteous and professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Mail correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements
- Resolve client-billing problems and rescue accounts receivable delinquency in a timely manner while maintaining the relationship with the customer
- Effectively research, track, and resolve accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies that are an impediment to collections
- Maintain regular contact with project managers, business developers, claims administrators, and other functional area managers as needed to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions
- Work with outside collection consultants to monitor status of referred accounts
- Identify issues and trends attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management
- Ensure collections are on target at or below stated company days outstanding goals. Escalate to Controller when necessary.
- Participate in the daily administrative and accounting duties of department including: A/P; A/R; phone support and other duties as assigned.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding attention to detail
Benefits: Health, Dental, 401K, Life, STD, LTD, Vison, PTO,